22 April 2017: Leather Clutch Workshop
- Date: 22 April 2017
- Time: 10am - 2pm (4 hours)
- Venue: Tedboy Bakery @ The School, Jaya One
(Click here for location)
You asked, we answered! In this DIYKL Leathercraft Workshop series, you will learn how to make a Leather Clutch bag from scratch using 'saddle-stitch', a traditional leather hand-stitching method which is a stronger, more durable and beautiful stitch. No sewing experience needed to learn how to saddle-stitch!
We use genuine cow leather in our leather workshops. You can choose between 2 sizes of clutches, The Square or The Rectangle to make on the day.
Tools and supplies will be provided. Lunch and refreshments will be served too by our friends at Tedboy Bakery! Just bring yourself!
This 4-hour workshop will guide you on crafting your own luxurious Leather Clutch bag:
- Choose your preferred clutch size. Measurements are as follows:
- The Square (approx. height: 19cm x length: 23 cm)
- The Rectangle (approx. height: 19cm x length 28 cm)
- Choose the top flap closure of the clutch during the workshop (i.e. straight, triangle, buttoned, etc.)
- Choose your leathers: Tan Brown (thicker, 1.6mm), Cream (thicker, 1.4mm) or Cobalt Blue (softer, 1.2mm). Different leathers have different softness and thickness. We believe in variation for your creativity! However, if your preferred colour is sold out, please write a note to us - we have extras for Cream and Cobalt Blue.
- Choose your linen thread on the day of the workshop.
- Basic pattern-making will be taught on designing your leather clutch. These same techniques can be applied to your future leathercraft designs.
- Techniques on making clean cuts on leather using a knife.
- Learn how to use a prickling iron to create holes in the leather for handstitching.
- Burnishing/edging the edges of your leather. Italian edge dye in Black or Clear by Giardini will be used.
- Learn the traditional saddle-stitch method to hand-stitch leather. This might be the hardest part, but trust us, you are going to appreciate your finished Leather Clutch!
- Personalise your Leather Clutch with embossing. Choose to stamp your name or initials!
You will bring home:
- Your very own hand-stitched luxurious Leather Clutch, whoa!
By participating in this workshop, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Please be punctual to the workshop as to not inconvenience other participants.
- If you are late at the workshop or prevented from attending the workshop due to travel delays or any other circumstances, we shall not be obliged to wait to start the workshop until you arrive nor provide you with a refund.
- If you would like someone to replace your slot, kindly inform us (email@example.com) at least 2 working days prior to the workshop as well.
- You agree that we may include photos of you in any promotional materials relating to the workshop and/or any materials used at the workshop.
Enjoy free PosLaju delivery within Malaysia for orders above RM99!
Click here for international shipping rates.