WHAT YOUR DIYKL KIT SUPPLIES:
- 1 strip of grossgrain ribbon in the colour of your choice (note: width is approximately 4" wide)
- A variety of oval, marquise, teardrop and round rhinestones
- 2 silver crimpers
- 2 jump rings
- 1 pair of stainless steel toggle clasp
Click to purchase the POPPY Ribbon & Rhinestone Cuff Kit
- Begin by measuring the ribbon around your wrist. There should be a 1.5-inch gap between both ends of the ribbon.
- Arrange your rhinestones on the table. You do not have to follow ours exactly as shown here. Feel free to customise your own design!
- Once you are satisfied with the rhinestone arrangement, start to transfer them onto the ribbon with the centre rhinestone. Apply the E6000 glue onto the metal edges of the back of the rhinestone and apply it to the centre of the ribbon (as shown in Figures 3 and 4).
- Continue transferring the rest of the rhinestones onto the ribbon with E6000 glue.
- Pinch one end of the ribbon and slide in a crimper. It is entirely up to you which side you'd like the crimper to be.
- Use a flat nose plier to press down the top flap of the crimper (as shown in Figures 7 and 8). Fold in the side flaps as well using the flat nose plier. Your crimper should now look as shown in Figure 9.
- Insert a jump ring and a toggle ring into one crimper (Figure 10). Continue with another jump ring and toggle bar into the other crimper (Figure 11).
- Let the glue set for at least 24 hours before wearing the cuff to allow the glue to bond completely.
And you're done! Why stop at just one ribbon cuff when there are so many more colours to choose from?