What your DIYKL kit supplies:
- Cotton cord
- 3 eyepin
- 1 mini end cap
- Lobster clasp
- Curb chain
Click to purchase the SYLVIE Crystal & Tassel Necklace kit. Oops, sold out! Check out our available items here.
DIY tools you will need (not included in the kit):
1. To make the tassel, wrap the cotton cord around 2 or 3 fingers a few times. Make sure you have a little bit of extra string left. Slowly remove the cotton cord from your fingers.
2. Using that extra string, tie a knot in the middle of the cotton cord like in Picture 3. Press the two sides together, and snip off the ends (Picture 4).
3. Dab a little superglue into the insides of the end cap like in Picture 5. Then slowly push the cotton tassel into the end cap (Picture 6). If you've made your tassel slightly thicker than expected, you can always use a thin strip of tape and wrap it around the top of the tassel. Now let the glue dry. Trim the ends of the tassel.
4. Take an eyepin, and slowly insert the beads like in Picture 7. You can insert a maximum of 8 beads on one. Make sure there is enough room at the top for you to be able to make a loop (using pliers).
5. Using a round nose plier, pinch the wire between the pliers and slowly bend the wire towards you (Picture 8) and thereby closing it. Note: If the wire doesn't seem to be closing, straighten the wire and redo the loop (or remove a bead if you prefer). Now repeat steps 4 & 5 above for the other 2 eyepins.
6. To make a triangle, connect the beaded eyepins via its loops like in Picture 9. Otherwise, you can use a mini jumpring to connect all 3 corners.
7. Using a jumpring, connect the jumpring from one of the corners of the triangle to the tassel like in Picture 10.
8. Connect the chain to the other corners. If you wish to wear it long, just connect the chain from one side to the other side using jumprings. Note: However if you wish to wear the SYLVIE necklace shorter, you can disconnect the chains (using pliers) into two, based on the length you would prefer. Connect the end of the first chain to the triangle, and then attach a lobster clasp at the other end. For the second chain, attach one end to the triangle and then add a bigger jumpring to the other end of the second chain.
Voila! Your chic SYLVIE necklaces are ready to be worn. P.S: The SYLVIE necklaces are best worn with a plain top.