What your DIYKL kit supplies:
- A tassel
- A large pearl
- A small pearl
- One end cap
- One large gold ring
- Two gold beads
- Two jump rings
- One eye pin
- One flat pin
- A tube of super glue
You will need two of your own existing necklaces for this tutorial. We encourage upcycling!
Click to purchase the ERIN Pearl & Tassel Pendants kit. Oops, sold out! Check out our available items here.
- Cut off the top loop of the tassel, and pull off the horizontal thread that is holding the tassel. Your tassel should look like the one shown in Figure 3.
- Apply a few drops of superglue into the end cap, and insert the tassel as seen in Figure 5.
- Place the gold beads and large pearl as shown in Figure 6.
- Using round nose pliers, loop the end of the pin. You may need to trim off the top of the pin. Purchase our pliers and cutters here.
- Open a jump ring and use it to connect the end cap and the pearl sections as shown in Figure 8. You should have your pendant as shown in Figure 9.
- Use the other jump ring to hang the pendant onto your necklace.
- Insert the small pearl through the flat pin, and loop the end using round nose pliers (purchase here), but without looping it shut completely.
- On the half-closed loop, hang the large gold ring and necklace. Proceed to use the round nose pliers to loop the pin shut.
And you're done!
Our ERIN kit was designed with versatility and sustainability in mind: upcycle your existing necklaces with a new set of pendants that can be worn individually or together.
They are perfect to dress up or down with, and can easily transition from day to night.